Saturday, February 20, 2010

Isolation...

I didn't feel isolated last year when I wasn't drinking. No one made me feel uncomfortable, and it just seemed normal.

Not this year. I feel super isolated. No one calls to hang out anymore - it's like you become boring because you are not out dancing on the bar black-out wasted at Motorcity anymore.
Even my close friends - no one bothers to make plans - I feel like I am always the one getting in touch and trying to hang out, and it's tiresome. Because yes, if I don't bother, then I don't hear from anyone.
Mostly because, yes, everyone is either too hungover, or too depressed from partying too much to think of anything else than themselves.

It makes me really really really sad. This is the first and last time I mention it because I needed to get it off my chest, but that doesn't make me feel any less sad about it.

It's sometimes very difficult to see if people really do care about you in this city, or if they are just saying they do to shut you up.

No comments: