Saturday, February 6, 2010

My best friend

So in the past two weeks Eric mentioned the following twice (jokingly I hope): "so when are you marrying Rosie then?"

Which lead me to think about what my best friend means to me and why we spend so much time together.

Your best friend is someone who is with you when you are happy and when you are sad. Who listens to you rant on about the person you are in love with over and over again without telling you to shut up. The person who brings you food and medicine and love when you are sick. The one who knows when you are sad and who knows exactly what to say and do to make you feel better. She's also the one who has seen you do and say the craziest things when you are black-out drunk and the one who tells you when you have gone too far. The one who randomly sees a dress she knows will look great on you and buys it. The one who you can chat to for hours on end without getting bored. The one to whom you can tell the truth about everything, knowing that it will always be taken the right way.

And you are that person's best friend if you do all of the above without even thinking about it.

So no, I won't be marrying my best friend, but yes, she and I will always be part of each others lives, no matter what happens, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's so difficult to find people who love and trust each other unconditionally, so this type of friendship should be cherished forever.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

that is lovely Jade, and those are beautiful pictures too!