Monday, June 21, 2010

Karen Elson - The Studio @ Webster Hall 06/19

One positive point about not making it to Ireland was that I got to see Karen Elson perform on Saturday night. I know I have been raving about her album on here and Twitter recently, so I was pretty excited to see what she was like live. She really lived up to my expectations - actually she literally blew them away! Her voice really is naturally beautiful - as is she. All those supermodel photos taken of her really don't do her justice as she is literally stunning in real life. And so sweet too. Basically you want her to be your BFF as soon as she opens her mouth. I'm really happy that I got to see her in such a small venue, because I doubt there will be many more chances.

Saw Patti Smith about 4 inches away from me by the stage and had to contain my excitement. I didn't know that her son Jackson is the main guitarist in Karen's band... :)



1 comment:

Charlie said...

wow, sounds like a great show!
beautiful photos too, I love her style!