Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sponsoring children

Years ago when I was a kid we sponsored a little boy in The Gambia for years. Last year when I stopped drinking I decided to put some of the money I would spend on getting wasted on something a bit more meaningful. I wanted to make sure that I was going through an agency that was not affiliated to any religion, or at least did NOT push their religion on the children in the programme.

I found Plan USA online a started with a little girl in India called Priyanka. For Christmas I started sponsoring a little boy in India as part of my brother's Christmas present. And today I started to sponsor a little girl in Sudan.

It costs $24 a month per child. Literally NOTHING. You receive drawings and information about the child and his/her family and culture, and you can write to them. You can even go visit them...

No comments: