Saturday, September 24, 2011

Run For Congo Women - accomplished!



What a wonderful way to start a Saturday morning! Even though the F train wasn't running uptown from Delancey and I had to cab it in the end (no thanks to the MTA for NOT updating their website), I still made it in loads of time and was super happy to see my old colleagues Andrea, Lily, Jay, Matt and Marisa, who had signed up to join my team a while back. Matt runs marathons, so even though I tried to keep up with him, I ended up telling him to leave me behind, because I have a medium pace, but not as fast as his! I ended up doing 3.7 miles (which I think is more than a 5K) in just under 40 minutes, so not bad really!
We raised nearly $500 which is great too!

This was my first charity run, and I'm so happy to have raised money for a charity that means a lot to me. Please check out the link below and sponsor a woman in one of the war torn countries listed if you can.

Now to find the next run!

Women for Women
Run For Congo Women

No comments: