Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bar story #1

Ah well I am going to be self-indulgent again and write about a funny/annoying story that just happened to me at work. Just because I haven't been able to tell anyone about it yet.

I tend not to judge people on how they are dressed, or by what they do work-wise, or their music taste (although that's a hard one). Anyway, I had literally just opened the bar when a guy rushed in. Dressed in a suit, probably around 25, harmless enough. He asked me for his Amex card that he had left here at the weekend, so I got it for him. He sighed and said "I need to talk to someone, I have been overcharged, there is no way I spent this much!". His tab was $40, so I said, no problem, let me take your name and number and I will have one of the owners call you back to discuss. At which he sneered and said "I need to talk to someone NOW. This is NOT acceptable, there is NO WAY I spent this much money.".

Um OK dude. You got wasted, left your card at the bar and now you are contesting a $40 tab?! That's not even including a tip. Douchebag.
Not only that, he actually looked down on me, sneered and talked to me like I was a complete idiot. Well, you know what... Just because you are wearing a suit and probably earning a lot more than me, I don't envy you. You are a pompous, stupid twat.
So I just smiled, put my poshest British accent on and said "I will have one of the owners look into this when they are here. Have a good night."
He sneered and stomped out. Go next time maybe pay cash, that way you will be able to keep track of how much money you spend on booze. If you leave your card at the bar you should be happy that we kept it and didn't just destroy it. Pffff!!!

Seriously.

No comments: