Friday, September 9, 2011

Encyclopedia of 9/11 in New York Magazine

Every year I write a piece on 9/11, and every year I write on how watching it all unfold, live on TV, from my apartment in France changed my life around profoundly. This year I am going to write about something else that profoundly affected me that year, and you can look out for that piece in the next few days.

The thing is, I have been reading the Encyclopedia of 9/11 that was recently in New York Magazine, and it has deeply touched me. The piece is up on the magazine's website HERE. Read it - it's extremely well written, researched and assembled. After reading this I don't feel the need to write about it again myself. I wasn't here 10 years ago, they were.

Once you have read it let's discuss... As always, I love opinions.
In the meantime, I think it's time for me to get my cameras out of the apartment and photograph what is happening on Ground Zero nowadays. The tower is growing fast (1WTC, I think, or that one may be the one that is one hold), and I think I need to capture it now.

No comments: