Friday, December 2, 2011

Coney Island in the Autumn

Wonder WheelNathan'sHot Dog ContestBug CarRollercoasterAmusement SlushiesBoardwalk GrillConey Island BoardwalkConey View from the beachBeach ViewSkyline Heart in the SandMini WavesBeachConey Island BeachAmazing SkiesBird prints BreakersPierBootAmusement ParkWatching and ContemplatingRocks

Coney Island in the Autumn, a set on Flickr.

I missed the ocean. I missed the soothing feeling of listening to the waves on the beach, of walking along the sand and just contemplating on everything that is happening in my life with a clear mind. The ocean, the beach and the sun always helps me think, whatever the season.
I woke up wanting to go out and take photos, and decided that Coney Island would be the spot for today. I tend to usually go to the Rockaways for beach time, but really wanted to capture the gaudiness of Coney Island on camera, in both black and white and colour, during the off-season.

I'm very happy with the result, and will just let the photos speak for themselves.

No comments: