Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Real winter in orange and yellow

IcicleBay shotDirt roadShirley BeachShirley BeachShirley Beach
Shirley BeachShirley BeachShirley BeachShirley BeachShirley BeachShirley Beach
Shirley BeachShirley BeachFlags & Gas StationGrocery store, Mastic BeachThe abandoned house I see every dayEarly morning walk round the bay
GeeseThe sky matches the waterReedsTracksSnow moundsMarina

Film - Orange/Yellow, a set on Flickr.

I've been working so hard on my novel and working hard at my jobs, so I haven't really had too much time to post on my blog this week. I was perusing some old photo albums on my Flickr and found this one from January 2011... We've had such a mild winter this year that looking back at these makes me realise how lucky we have been!

These were all taken with my Canon AE-1, using a 35mm ISO 100 Lomo negative film without flash. Most in Mastic Beach on Long Island before my mum moved back to California, but some in NYC. I miss using my AE-1 and playing with the settings to get interesting photos, but I can't really afford to spend too much on film and developing film right now.

I kind of also miss the beauty of winter right now too... Maybe we will get one blizzard this year, but it's already the end of February and it doesn't really look like it...

No comments: